Absolutely Delicious Stuffed Mushrooms
Once you have made this recipe for stuffed mushrooms, you may never want to make them any other way. The beautiful part about these tasty fungi is that the stuffing consists of two ingredients. Well, not two, but close to two. The two are breadcrumbs and blue cheese. No salt, pepper, or seasonings needed. The others are normal recipe includes.
Here is what you will need:
- Mushrooms (stuffing size preferred, but I also make them with large portobellos and stack them)
- Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs (now available in most supermarkets)
- Crumbled Blue Cheese (any will work, but I prefer Gorgonzola)
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400°
Remove stems and trim the mushrooms for stuffing. When using Portobellos, I also remove the dark ribbing from the inside. Keep all trimmings and stems set aside.
- Arrange prepared mushrooms on a lightly oiled cooking pan.
- Roughly chop stems and trimmings.
- Place in food processor with enough water to form a puree. Add a splash of Olive Oil.
- Pour puree into a bowl. Add Breadcrumbs to puree until it reaches a somewhat loose, wet consistency.
- Add the crumbled Blue Cheese.
- Fill (and overfill) the mushrooms.
Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops have baked to a golden brown and the mushrooms are soft.
This one is a keeper…Enjoy!